Additional Workshops and Other Offerings
Please join my mailing list to be notified of updates on any of these workshops and seminars.
Autumn Weekend and One Day Intensives
Occasionally I offer One Day and Weekend Writing Intensives on a variety of themes, to help jumpstart, inspire, and deepen writing.
“Marlene invites us to writing spaces where heart and soul are celebrated, private safe havens where gifts of self insight regularly occur. Her knowledge and wisdom gently nudge us to explore our own voices. Since I retired, she has been one of my guiding stars. Thank you Marlene for another gracious and generous weekend. I feel energized, as if I can now move forward with my writing.” (JC)
Gypsies, Nomads, and Wild Women
A Two Day Body Soul Writing Intensive
October 18 & 19, 2018
Writing in Europe
Writing in Switzerland
April 24 - May 2, 2019
Previous Workshops in Europe
Past Participants have commented...
- This workshop exceeded my expectations in all respects. Writing in a beautiful, quiet, exotic setting in a medieval village created a unique and memorable experience. This course has been a life changing experience for me that will stay with me always. I thank you for this.
- The handouts were extremely rich – a veritable feast of stimulation.
- I loved writing in Yvonne’s house with the ancient stones all around us and I loved the wonderful French breakfasts. Thank you for your warm hospitality, Yvonne.
- Marlene's rock solid leadership, kindness, compassion, and wisdom during every session is a living example of matrix. Thank you for this wonderful experience.
- This was a wonderful and relaxing week of looking within and seeing beauty and delight within and around us.
- This workshop gave me renewed inspiration for the creative process and so much more. Thank you.
University of British Columbia (UBC)
I have been teaching at UBC’s Writing Centre since 2000, including workshops in Non-fiction Book Writing, Journal Writing, Autobiography and Memoir, Archetypal Autobiography and Memoir, and Body Soul Writing.